Driving a vehicle is a privilege that comes with great responsibility. In Pakistan, as in many other countries, one must possess a valid driving license to legally operate a motor vehicle on public roads. This article provides an in-depth overview of the driving license fee in Pakistan, the types of licenses available, and the process of obtaining one. We will also discuss the fees associated with each type of license, making it easier for you to budget for this essential document.
The Process of Obtaining a Driving License in Pakistan
In order to obtain a driving license in Pakistan, you must first apply for a learner’s permit. This requires you to pass a written test on traffic rules and regulations. Once you have held the learner’s permit for at least 42 days, you are eligible to apply for a permanent driving license. This involves passing a practical driving test and providing the necessary documentation.
Types of Driving Licenses in Pakistan
There are several types of driving licenses available in Pakistan, depending on the type of vehicle you wish to operate. These include:
- Motor Car/Motorcycle License: Allows you to drive cars and motorcycles up to 50cc engine capacity.
- Light Transport Vehicle (LTV) License: Permits you to drive light commercial vehicles such as pickups, vans, and small trucks.
- Heavy Transport Vehicle (HTV) License: Allows you to operate heavy commercial vehicles like buses and large trucks.
- International Driving License: This license is recognized internationally and can be used when traveling abroad.
Driving License Fee in Pakistan
The fees associated with obtaining a driving license in Pakistan vary depending on the type of license you required.
Last Updated on April 29, 2023. We want to make sure you have the most up-to-date information on prices.
|Category||Learners’||Permanent (3-year validity)||Permanent (5-year validity)||Renewal in 30 days (3-years validity)||Renewal in 30 days (5-years validity)||Renewal after 30 days (3-years validity)||Renewal after 30 days (5-years validity)|
|Car + Motorcycle||150||1410||1860||810||1260||1185||1860|
|MCR + Motorcycle||150||1350||1800||750||1600||1125||1800|
|LTV + Motorcycle||150||1410||1860||810||1260||1185||1860|
|HTV + Motorcycle||150||–||–||1060||1660||1560||2460|
This table presents the driving license fees for various categories in Pakistan, including fees for learner’s, permanent, and renewal licenses with different validity periods.
Payment Methods for Driving License Fee
To pay the driving license fee in Pakistan, you have several options:
- Directly at the Driving License Issuing Authority: You can pay the fee in cash at the counter while submitting your application.
- Bank Deposit: Many licensing centers also accept payments made through designated banks. In this case, you will need to deposit the required fee in the designated bank account and submit the deposit slip along with your application.
- Online Payment: Some licensing centers offer online payment options through their websites, making it convenient for applicants to pay the required fees from the comfort of their homes.
Please note that the accepted payment methods may vary between provinces and licensing centers, so it is essential to confirm the available options with your local licensing authority.
Understanding the driving license fee in Pakistan is crucial for those who wish to obtain a license and legally operate a motor vehicle. With the information provided in this article, you should now have a clear understanding of the various types of licenses available and the associated fees.
Remember to budget for the necessary expenses, and ensure you follow the correct procedures when applying for a driving license. Always drive responsibly and maintain a valid license to avoid legal issues and ensure the safety of yourself and others on the road.